- RSS Channel Showcase 7156223
- RSS Channel Showcase 7024242
- RSS Channel Showcase 2416803
- RSS Channel Showcase 4631498
Articles on this Page
- 04/04/12--20:11: _Gmail Notifier Plus...
- 06/14/12--11:15: _FlagUp Notifier
- 01/05/13--03:46: _Gmail Watcher
- 04/21/13--02:04: _MailTab for Gmail
- 05/06/13--14:08: _Gmail Notifier (res...
- 05/30/13--08:01: _MailPop for Gmail
- 08/09/13--07:05: _Gmail Unread Counte...
- 11/04/13--00:45: _GMDesk
- 11/08/13--07:49: _Howard Email Notifier
- 06/12/14--04:08: _Fastest Gmail
- 10/24/14--05:14: _gnome-gmail
- 05/28/15--05:44: _MailBar
- 09/05/15--17:14: _PopTrayU
- 09/07/15--07:47: _Mia for Gmail
- 01/18/16--11:51: _MetroMail
- 01/18/16--12:08: _Maestro
- 04/15/17--21:23: _Checker Plus for Gmail
- 04/17/17--10:57: _Google Mail Checker
- 04/28/17--19:41: _Gmail™ Notifier +
- 04/04/12--20:11: Gmail Notifier Plus for Windows 7
- 06/14/12--11:15: FlagUp Notifier
- 01/05/13--03:46: Gmail Watcher
- 04/21/13--02:04: MailTab for Gmail
- 05/06/13--14:08: Gmail Notifier (restartless)
- 05/30/13--08:01: MailPop for Gmail
- 08/09/13--07:05: Gmail Unread Counter (Widget)
- 11/04/13--00:45: GMDesk
- 11/08/13--07:49: Howard Email Notifier
- 06/12/14--04:08: Fastest Gmail
- 10/24/14--05:14: gnome-gmail
- 05/28/15--05:44: MailBar
- 09/05/15--17:14: PopTrayU
- 09/07/15--07:47: Mia for Gmail
- 01/18/16--11:51: MetroMail
- 01/18/16--12:08: Maestro
- 04/15/17--21:23: Checker Plus for Gmail
- 04/17/17--10:57: Google Mail Checker
- 04/28/17--19:41: Gmail™ Notifier +
GNP is a Gmail notifier built for Windows 7, that runs as a task bar application.
It rests in the new Windows 7 taskbar, and allows you to easily access several components of Gmail quickly. GNP offers two main features:
Right clicking on the GNP icon will bring up a jumplist that lists your most recent unread messages. Below are some common tasks that increase productivity.
Hovering your cursor over the icon activates the thumbnail previews that show an excerpt of your unread mail. The app makes great use of the thumbnail feature to display other alerts as well.
Supports IMAP (IDLE function)
Real-time notifications using IMAP IDLE feature.
List of supported email-servers:
- So far only Gmail.
To connect to the mail server uses a secure protocol SSL. The password for your mailbox is stored in the Keychain (built into Mac OS tool for secure storage of passwords).
List of supported Mac OS versions:
-Tested only on Snow Leopard.
No need to install Growl.
No need to periodically visit this site.
Secure check new Gmail.
Watch for your Gmail and report to you in status-bar and toolbar.
Check Gmail at specific interval ( 1 min, 2 min, 3 min, 4 min, 5 min, 10 min, 15 min, 20 min, 30 min, 1 hour or manually).
Automatic recheck (update counter) when last tab of Gmail is closed.
Google multiple sign-in mode is supported (up to 3 accounts)
Can select to alert by sound, by notification window or by blinking icon.
Can select to alert only inbox or all labels (except Sent, Drafts, Spam and Trash).
Can select to alert unread email or newly arrived email (by increasing unread email count method).
Sound can be selected to be "build-it" or "system" (control panel setting) or "custom sound".
Use secure protocol - HTTPS-SSL to connect to Gmail server. Safe from eavesdroppers.
Can use secure gmail feed to get snippet.
No unnecessary action take. Simple is the rule
High security. No need to input username and password. Nothing storage.
This extension use Browser cookie to get information. So, security level is the same as Gmail website security.
This extension work only after you log on at the Gmail website. As long as you stay log on, this extension still work.
If you log out from Gmail website, this extension log out too !
Due to Google Apps Mail had upgraded, this make Gmail watcher conflict with Google apps mail watcher. Please don't use them both together.
Private browsing mode compatibility. "Gmail Watcher" will not leave any traces after you stop private browsing.
Trustworthy because "Gmail watcher" is the open source extension. You can check it by yourself that there is no backdoor or any harmful things inside (Note: Mozilla require you to log in before you can view the source online).
GET THE BEST GMAIL APP FOR FREE!
MailTab for Gmail is the ideal app for instantly accessing your Gmail account without having to open your web browser. Download it for free and benefit from visual and audio mail notifications, quick access to your inbox and the ability to respond to mails at lightning speed.
After downloading, simply click on the MailTab icon in the top menu bar whenever you want to check your Gmail account and you will be presented with a beautiful little window containing the Gmail mobile interface.
MailTab for Gmail allows you to overcome email overload by increasing the speed at which you can access and respond to your emails.
For OS X Lion users, we have now added in-app purchases to allow you to unlock extra features such as opacity control, desktop mode with chat and removal of advertisements.
We've spent a great deal of time thinking about the details and after using this app for a few days, you'll begin to notice our small yet creative touches. We plan on a very active development cycle, so please spread the word and keep sending us your feedback!
?Open the Preferences menu to configure settings such as Notifications, Appearance and more.
- MailTab Pro is a 3rd party application for Gmail and is in no way endorsed or affiliated with Google Inc.
- Gmail and the Google Logo are trademarks of Google Inc.
Gmail Notifier (restartless) is an open-source project that notify you about incoming emails from all your Google Mail accounts and labels.
1. No requirement to enter your credentials.
2. Multiple account support
3. Multiple label support
4. Low bandwidth usage by using RSS technology
5. Mark as read, report span, trash or archive massages right from Firefox toolbar
We love Gmail as much as you do. That's why we created MailPop for Gmail. It's the simplest, most fluid way to access your Gmail account.
After launching MailPop, all it takes is a single click on its menu bar icon (or keyboard shortcut) to access your Gmail account in a jiffy. Want to write an email instead? All it takes is a right-click on the icon (or keyboard shortcut) to open a new message window!
Gmail Unread Counter is a widget that allows you to view the number of unread emails. With one click, it directly opens the http://alternativeto.net/software/gmail/ app with the customized label/tab/folder.
- Supports multiple Gmail accounts
- Supports different labels/tabs/folders (*paid version only)
- Customizable icons and icon text
No more clicking around to access your various email lists - one click and you are there!
GMDesk is an application that lets you run Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Docs and Google Maps as a stand-alone application to do all your mail handling, calendar event reading etc with. No need to open it up in a web browser, or have it clutter your workspace.
Fire up GMDesk, and just alt-tab (on Windows) or Cmd-tab (on Mac) to shift between this application and the other ones you are running.
GMDesk offers an easy menu as well as keyboard shortcuts to switch between different Google services, and you can specify what default service you want the application to start with. It also supports Google Apps access as well.
Howard is a replacement for the Windows Live Messenger email notification. A tooltip and a sound will notify you about a new email. The tooltip shows you the sender and email subject. Just click the tooltip or icon to open your inbox in your browser or Windows Mail. You can select the tray icon from several different styles.
Get notified about new emails in your outlook.com, live.com, hotmail.com, mail.google.com, mail.yahoo.com, e.mail.ru and www.zoho.com inbox.
Fastest Gmail is a handy and reliable extension designed to notify you about incoming emails from all your Google Mail accounts and labels.
- No requirement to enter your credentials
- Multiple label support
- Low bandwidth usage by using RSS technology
- See your complete Gmail inbox in a fancy Panel
- Counter of unread emails from all your email accounts
Gnome Gmail is software which adds support for Gmail to the Linux Gnome Desktop. It allows Gmail to be selected as the default mail application for the desktop. Unlike other solutions on the net, Gnome Gmail supports "To:", "Subject:", "body", "CC:", and "BCC: fields, and is available in deb and rpm format.
Gnome Gmail supports "Send to..." from Nautilus. You can send file attachments automatically.
The latest version supports Google Apps accounts.
MailBar is a practical Mac OS X application that enables you to check your Inbox and manage your emails directly from your Mac’s menu bar.
You can compose new messages, reply to emails or forward them from within MailBar in your menu bar.
You can easily filter the list of your emails by mailboxes and/or unread status.
With MailBar you can fast search through your configured email accounts using any email data.
With MailBar you can use any of the configured smartboxes and setup on MailBar not only Inbox mailboxes but also Sent messages, Junk, Archive, Trash, etc.
With MailBar you can preview all image attachments, download and/or open attached files with other formats.
MailBar automatically integrates all your signatures from your accounts, which are configured in your Mail.app.
MailBar has an option of configuring the shortcuts for the faster access to your emails.
MailBar has full support of colored flags. You can easily mark your important messages into one of seven colors.
You can see connected to the message calendar events on MailBar single message view.
With MailBar you can easily mark as read and/or junk full conversations.
You can easily configure unique sounds for every mailbox inside MailBar.
MailBar has full support of retina displays.
Have you fallen in love with the fabulous open-source email notifier program Poptray, created by Renier Crause? But you're running a newer version of Windows than PopTray was designed for? Or get lots of UTF-8 encoded emails from Facebook, Flickr, Pinterest, and so forth that don't display correctly in PopTray? Now there's a new option. Developer Jessica Brown has taken the open-source code from PopTray and built upon it to create PopTrayU. All the things you love about PopTray, minus a few things you didn't!
Mia is a native Gmail application on your Mac's menu bar!
Read and compose your emails without a browser (attachment files supported).
Quick email overview (pass your mouse over an email).
Desktop notifications for incoming emails (10.8+).
Multiple accounts support (with the Premium version upgrade).
Fast and lightweight.
Secured: Mia for Gmail is using the oauth 2.0 protocol.
Mark as read, delete, archive or spam directly from the application.
Dark mode support.
Choose the notification sound (among the system sound list).
Choose your default browser for each account (if ever you prefer to read/compose your emails from your browser).
Note: Mia for Gmail is a 3rd party application for Gmail.
MetroMail brings a first-class Gmail experience to Windows and Windows Phone. With support for Gmail-specific features such as archiving, label management, inbox categories, and much more, it offers a fast, efficient, feature-rich Gmail experience. It is also the first email client to bring instant live tile syncing between all your devices, spanning across both Windows and Windows Phone. You no longer need to waste time on emails that you have already managed on another device!
MetroMail will operate with full functionality and no ads for 30 days. During this time, you will have the opportunity to fully test the app and evaluate it. After 30 days, ads will be introduced and instant notifications for new emails will be disabled. This includes all notifications across your device, including the live tile and the lock screen. If you want to continue using these features, permanently disable ads, and support future development, we kindly ask that you consider purchasing the app.
Maestro is a better mail client for Windows Phone.
With unique features like account themes, gestures, and favorites, Maestro helps you manage your inbox quickly and efficiently.
-Gestures (Swipe to Delete, Archive, or Reply)
-Multiple Accounts with Linked Inbox view
-Fast Account Switching
-Support for Gmail, Outlook, and Yahoo Mail
-Label Support for Gmail
The fastest and easiest way to manage multiple email accounts
• One of the highest rated Chrome extensions - featured many times on PCWorld
• Trusted developer of many extensions - more than one million satisfied users worldwide
• Lots of features, options and updates
• Personal tech support from me (the developer) - very fast response times
• Supports "Inbox by Gmail"
• I'll add your suggestions
• Safer - requires less permissions and only access to Google Mail's website
• See the people emailing you just like in the Gmail chat notification, with an option to show their contact photos or your assigned photos for them.
• Voice notification: If you get an email while you're busy watching a movie or cooking dinner this extension can optionally read it out loud ie. "Jason says, dinner at my place". It's great for the visually impaired.
• Option to monitor any Gmail or custom labels
• Option to run in background when Google Chrome is closed and still get new email alerts
• Popup mail preview window to read, archive, mark as read or delete emails without leaving the current tab (or option to go directly to your Gmail tab)
• Can also be used as a widget for the extension "Awesome New Tab Page" (ANTP) which supports multiple accounts
• Desktop sound or voice notifications when new mail arrives (or add your own sounds)
• Support for multiple Gmail and Google Apps accounts
• Option to open "Mail to" links in your Gmail instead of your regular mail client
• This Gmail notifier has more than 10 different icon sets, choose your favorite!
• You change the generated voice by adding TTS (text to speech) voice extensions
• The fast way to inbox zero. Yes that's a thing.
Displays the number of unread messages in your Google Mail inbox. You can also click the button to open your inbox.
Gmail™ Notifier + is a handy and reliable addon designed to notify you about all incoming emails from your main gmail account.
Note: Gmail is a trademark of Google Inc. This addon is an independent project and has no relationship to Gmail or Google Inc. The sole purpose of this addon is to enhance using Gmail for users.
1. No requirement to enter your credentials.
2. Multiple label support.
3. Low bandwidth usage by using RSS technology.
4. See your complete Gmail inbox in the toolbar Panel.
5. Counter of unread emails from all your email labels.
6. Play a Beep sound when new email(s) arrives (to enable this feature see extension options page).
7. Show a notification popup when new email(s) arrives (to disable this feature see extension options page).
Note: if you want to try the new Gmail Interface (Inbox), please see my other Addon: Notifier for Inbox™.